Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Number 16

16. Pride and Prejudiced (2005)
Synopsis: The story is based on Jane Austen's novel about five sisters - Jane, Elizabeth, Mary, Kitty and Lydia Bennet - in Georgian England. Their lives are turned upside down when a wealthy young man (Mr. Bingley) and his best friend (Mr. Darcy) arrive in their neighborhood.

Rating: ****

Reason for Rating: three reasons why this is a decent chick flick. 
1. Attractive Actors
2. sense of challenge or game in relation to love
3. old fashion setting on romance


Best Quote: You are mistaken, Mr. Darcy. The mode of your declaration merely spared me any concern I might have felt in refusing you, had you behaved in a more gentleman-like manner. You could not have made me the offer of your hand in any possible way that would have tempted me to accept it. From the very beginning your manners impressed me with the fullest belief of your arrogance, your conceit and your selfish disdain for the feelings of others. I had not known you a month before I felt you were the last man in the world whom I could ever marry! 



No comments:

Post a Comment